Friday, March 12, 2021

what's being added & film shooting updates!

Happy Friday, everyone! So, as you can tell by the title, me and Isa have made a few additions to our movie and gotten more info to share for where and when we will start filming. Genuinely, these updates are making me so happy and proud of the current progress we're in. 

Here are the things that me and Isa are planning that we would love to share with you, our fans :).

So, Who's Playing the New Girl?

Ladies and gents, it is with honor that I announce Isa to be playing our main character, who now has a name: Isabella! In addition, in order to perfectly capture the soft/caring persona of our main character, Isa is going to be wearing an outfit that reflects on Isabella's kind nature. I suggested for her to wear anything pastel and paired with a nice knitted-sweater or flowy skirt if she owns one. 

New Dialogue

As I said in my previous blog post, I thought about adding more dialogue for the script. I must admit, I was facing some challenges when thinking about what additional lines I could make. But then, on one day when our AICE Media teacher, Mrs. Stoklosa, had a group meeting with me and Isa, Isa suggested an idea that will for sure solve this dialogue issue: voiceovers of Isabella's thoughts. Isa got this idea from an excerpt from a  coming-of-age show called My So Called Life that we watched together one class day. In the excerpt, the main character's inner thoughts are being put out in voiceovers of her speaking her thoughts. From these voiceovers, me and my fellow classmates have learned a lot about the main character's true self. That's why I thought that having voiceovers for our film is genius and benefits dialogue a lot. So, for tomorrow, I will write any lines I think would fit for voiceovers, add them to my Outline, and post the new and improved Outline here. I haven't decided on anything final yet, but for now, I want the voiceovers to reflect Isabella's inner thoughts about where she's from and what she thinks about entering an entirely new school or, hence the name of the movie, a stupid, brave new world.

Shooting Date & Location

We will be filming the opening at Isa's house (specifically, in her room so we can film the mirror-scene). Next, we will be filming an added scene of Isabella in the car-ride on her way to her new school (which will be me and Isa's high school, Cypress Bay). In this car-ride scene, the voiceovers of Isabella's inner thoughts will be added. After this scene, we will be shooting the final scene on the Cypress Bay campus, where the camera capture the school entrance and smoothly pins over to Isabella, staring at the entrance, and walks out of the scene to show that she entered the school. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

my CCR

During my time working on the movie, I have created a Creative Critical Reflection (CCR) to answer the 4 specific questions about my movie: ...