Sunday, February 21, 2021

pros and cons (part ii)

 So this will be my coming of age pros and cons rant. So far, I'm really loving this idea the most. And I'm definitely leaning towards this one. I'd have to run this idea and my final decision by Isabella, obviously. And since I want to reach a final decision by tomorrow, I want to finish my pros and cons for both openings, review them, and choose wisely. 

Ok, here we go, what I think would be great if we do a coming of age film opening, and what's kind of blocking me from choosing to do this...

So, first I'm going to list the reasons why I currently prefer to film an opening like this for the portfolio project. As you can tell by my recent post about the coming of age idea, the film won't have a lot of action taking place. I know that that might just sound like I'm taking a very simplistic idea, and that's why I want to do some research on coming of age films and be inspired by ways that I can give such an uncomplicated film a little spice. Another pro is that I think it will be more convenient for me and my partner to film this instead of filming such an action-packed scene i. which none of us have experience creating such a scene with. 

I'm just saying that since we both are beginners in the World of a Director, I think it would be a good first step for us to try something a little easier. 

However, let's talk cons. Shouldn't I challenge myself for this project? Sure, it will be an obstacle to film such an intense scene for the teen thriller idea, but maybe that will help me when I do bigger film projects? Shouldn't I think more outside-the-box?

The thing is that yeah, maybe I should give myself more of a challenge, but to tell you the truth, I see myself and my partner having a better opportunity with filming the coming of age idea.

The last thing I wanna do is film a movie opening that results in looking awkward, and I do feel like I will have that happen if we go along with shooting a kidnapping scene. 

I want to film something I can look back at 5 years from now and think, "Damn, this was actually really good." And the coming of age idea? I think that that's what's gonna have future me saying that.

So, yeah. Coming of age idea sounds awesome to me. Now all I have to do is run it by myself and my partner and see where the chips fall.

Can't wait to get started on the filming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

my CCR

During my time working on the movie, I have created a Creative Critical Reflection (CCR) to answer the 4 specific questions about my movie: ...