Saturday, February 20, 2021

pros and cons (part i)

 I've been debating for a while for what I should talk about for today's blog post. I didn't really know what else to say, to be honest. I already spoke a lot about my ideas about either doing a teen thriller or coming of age film opening and how I feel about them. 

However, even though my ideas are pretty solid, I still am not sure on which opening to do. I haven't reached a final decision yet, and me and Isabella's goal is to reach that ultimate decision by next week. So, instead of lying awake at night having this mental debate with myself, I thought it'd be better to make a pros and cons list for each opening idea.

Let’s start off with a pros and cons list for the teen thriller idea. Well, some pros I could mention are that the dramatic events surrounding the story of the dark figure trying to kill the girl will definitely grab the audiences attention. It will also have several interesting elements to include, and me and my partner can think of cool, out-of-the-box ideas for how to make this story more engaging. Also, I just think it’ll be super fun to make LOL.

However, it’s gonna be tough for us to film a almost-kidnapping scene/fight scene when I never really directed something like this before, and I don’t think my partner has either. Maybe it won’t be that hard to produce, but it’s definitely a new place for us to be at. And I don’t want the scene to look awkward or “fake” in a sense. Well, maybe we could look up videos on how to film such a scene, but it’s still gonna be very new ground for us to step onto- but that doesn’t mean it’s gonna be impossible for us to film. 

Always try new things, right?

Tomorrow, I’ll be back with a pros and cons list for the coming of age film. 

I know, I know, y’all wanna see my research and inspiration (meaning what films inspired my ideas). That’s all gonna be posted next week, don’t you worry. 

See you guys tomorrow <3. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

my CCR

During my time working on the movie, I have created a Creative Critical Reflection (CCR) to answer the 4 specific questions about my movie: ...