Monday, February 8, 2021

music and friends!

My music marketing team and I have not only made a great campaign for our Zero Effect band and filmed a really awesome video for the band, but throughout this process, we have bonded with each other so much. Everyone was super enganged in the project and we have really bonded a lot by brainstorming ideas, filming the music video, doing our research on our case studies, and oganizing the campaign. Ina nutshell, I really enjoyed spending our time together to make a project that we have ended up all being very proud of.
We made a groupchat where we branstormed ideas for the music video. From the plot, wardrobe, characters and their personalities, and the message we wanted to convey, we all spoke of different ideas for the music video and chose to do a mix of what we all thought would be cool. The film would be about a girl who sadly saw her girlfriend be shot and killed by an unexpected assasin (played by yours truly) while they were on a date. Right after we hear the gunshots, the girlfriend who survived is showing her grief after witnessing the death of her loved one. Then, she immediately turns this grief into anger. She finds the assasin's Instagram account, prints out a picture of her, and then fantazises a revenge sequence where she kills the assasin. Now, this revenge sequence wasn't gonna look like it's set in modern times, we thought. One of my team members decided on giving the revenge fantazy a twist and make it into a western, cowgirl scene where the girl and assasin wear cowboy boots and leather jackets, see each other outside at the same area of the fatefull shooting, draw out their own guns (which we decided to use Nerf guns for) and have one of those iconic western movie moments where they stare aggresively at each other until the former girlfriend shoots the assasin dead. The scene then goes back into real time and we see the girlfriend grieving about her loss once again. I know, this sounds absoloutely insane. But the end result for the video turned out great! We have decided to film all of this in Town Center. And during the filmimg process, we all finally met each other and had fun filming all the scenes and laughing at silly bloopers. Wanna see? Click here: https://youtu.be/yDlT3tGfbL0 We also worked on our marketing campaign. We listed important info to connect with fans such as mailing campaigns, merchandise, the band's social media and website (which we have made), and why eople should invest in Zero Effect. Wanna take a peek at this, too? Click here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1xtI5MYwcOXw_m4FvhtaIw7kvZYnA92EQF4EAnaOkVkE/edit#slide=id.gb8bb8ec131_0_11
Then came to my group's presentation. We felt confident about our project and information we wrote, so we were very eager to go and asked if we could go after another group was presenting. When it was finally our turn to present, it honestly went great! We spoke clearly when it was our turn to present our slides, elaborated on some bullet-pointed sentences, and were enthusiastic throughout the entire presentation! Our teacher instructed us to post our own critiques about what we thought about the presenations and projects from the other groups. After class, I immediately went to see what my other classmates thoight about our project. We got very excellent feedback! eople loved how we were very enthusiastic and detailed with our presentation, which made me even more proud about my project. To reflect on my journey throughout the project I learned that there really is no "I" in team. We all put our heads together and thought of something so unique yet very engaging and great to tell a story with. We also collectivel thought of great marketing strategies for our campaign and how we want our band to present itself. When developing our own Cambridge protfolio, my team and I decided that since we worked great together on this project, that we should work together again on the potfolio project. I wanna us what I have learned and been through in this project to think more outside the box for my portfolio and not be afraid of being as creative as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my CCR

During my time working on the movie, I have created a Creative Critical Reflection (CCR) to answer the 4 specific questions about my movie: ...